Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why I Love My Job

Technically, my title with CruPress (the publishing division of Campus Crusade for Christ) is "Senior Editor."  So I spend a lot of time writing and editing resources for ministry - videos, books, articles, website blog entries, etc.  But, as a member of the Research & Development department, I end up performing a variety of different tasks.  Here's what my morning looked like (in no particular order):

*  Finished up first draft of new evangelistic booklet.
*  Attended Skype meeting (with people from New York, Texas and Scotland) about a new instructional video.


*  Processed orders for ministry tools for upcoming Summer Missions Projects.
*  Met with R&D team in Orlando (via Skype) to discuss results of student training interviews.
*  Viewed a trailer for an Anime version of an evangelistic video, brainstorming how to use it on campus.
*  Drank a Diet Mountain Dew.

Working on projects that will have an impact on thousands of lives is a huge privilege.  And I never get bored because I'm pretty convinced that no two days look alike for me.  Except for the Mountain Dew part.

What about you?  What motivates you to go to work every day?

1 comment:

  1. My motivation is the excitement of never knowing quite what to expect. Students keep things fresh and they are like my little kiddos even though some of them are like 6'8" :) One day a few weeks ago a student brought a kangaroo to school... Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete